Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How To Make Moving Fun

Yes, it's true.  Cora and I have been missing in action.  Missing from the community (mostly), missing from family, and missing from a lot of fun.

We are healthy once again. Hallelujah.

But we have been moving.  And moving is huge.  Especially after filling a tiny 1-bedroom house with enough stuff for a house 4 times its size, complete with basement and garage and a husband who keeps a lot of very important stuff.  So it's been a bit of a crazy time.

Miss Cora has been very patient.  She has tolerated being tucked into the playpen in front of Signing Time again and again. She has had her very first babysitter, who she adores.

And, over the last couple of days, my lucky little girlie has gotten to spend time with Favorite Auntie Mira while we loaded and cleaned, packed and unpacked, and did all kinds of things that no 2-year-old should be party to.


So, instead of the posts I've been meaning to give you, I give you instead some priceless glimpses of my favorite girl, with her Auntie Mira.

Mira sure knows how to sing!  Cora loves to sign along!

Woo hoo!  "Little Bunny Foo Foo is the best!"

Yes, she loves Mira. 


Giving Mira her silly sideways glance.

Blowing kisses to Mira.


My girl loves her auntie.  So much so that she signs "Mira" every time she sees a picture of a blond-haired woman.

I'm not sure how she'll react when Mira has her own little baby in a few months.  But we are excited to welcome her new cousin, and I am excited to see my baby sister become a mama. 

And we're very happy that Mira was here to entertain our girl during the busy mess.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're not moving out of Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a doll. The part about the "husband's very important stuff" made me laugh. My husband stuff has made me swear we will never move again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie love is the best! We just moved to so we feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!